Help UUVC Recycle!
The UUVC Recycling Team accepts glass, plastic (#1 and #2 only), aluminum cans, batteries and ink cartridges in the bins. We also take cardboard in the kitchen annex.
Thank you for your efforts to make our church and our community a greener, more sustainable place. Please help our Recycling Team by adhering to a few simple rules:
- Place your clean, recyclable items in the proper bins--not in bags or on the floor.
- Remember, only plastics labeled #1 or #2 are recyclable.
- Remove ink cartridges from non-recyclable packaging. (We have to do that if you don't.) If cartridges are leaking, dispose of them in the trash.
- Place recyclable batteries loose in the proper bin. Please do not leave bags of batteries in the bin.
- If you're not sure your items are recyclable, please ask before you leave them. And If you have items that are too heavy or difficult to manage, let us know and someone will assist you.
For details on various locations for other recycling in our area, click this link.